The process of getting a press visa for Iran is like this:
1. You apply for a press visa at one of the Iranian embassies. You have to provide the embassy with a schedule of what you want to do in Iran during your trip.
2. Fill out the attached form and send it to us with a copy of your passport and your crew members.
3. We will follow up your visa here and keep you informed.
4. When you get the visa, you should send a copy of it to Ivan Sahar and we will apply for press cards and permissions. In Iran you will need written permissions for every city you travel.
5. We finalize a schedule of your trip and you hopefully come to Iran.
Up to here it almost takes from two weeks to one month.
We will be responsible to provide you with an official translator of the Culture Ministry during your trip.
Visa extension is possible based on the schedule provided by the journalist. If there are interview requests or need for visiting a place which needs special permission, the extension could be asked by the journalist, and followed up by Ivan Sahar.
Normally it takes between two weeks up to one month to get a press visa. It very much depends on the reporter’s schedule of work and the documents which should be ready and delivered to the Iranian Embassy / consulate.